Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brewers Transactions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sweater View Post
    Still a pup at 26, thats about the time the brain hardens so he should have a bit more common sense.
    What?

Milwaukee comes to terms with 29-year old right-hander Kameron Loe. Loe signed a one-year deal worth $1.25 million with $115,000 in performance bonuses.

Another great move by Doug Melvin! Loe was a stud last season for the Brewers, posting a 1.18 WHIP with 22 holds to go along with a 2.78 ERA. Kameron will join an already stacked pen that showcases closer Jonathan Axford, veteran Takashi Saito, and relievers Zach Braddock, LaTroy Hawkins, and Manny Parra.

The Brewers are still seeking to make ends meet with Rickie Weeks and Shaun Marcum.

~Corinthians 9:24~

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baseball View Post
    Loe signed a one-year deal worth $1.25 million with $115,000 in performance bonuses.
    More details on the Performance Bonuses:

[NOTE]$25,000 for 50 games, $30,000 for 55, $35,000 for 60, $10,000 for 76 and $15,000 for 78.[/NOTE]

The Milwaukee Brewers and outfielder Mark Kotsay have agreed to a $800,000, one-year contract.

Kotsay's deal includes $450,000 in roster and performance bonuses, and the Brewers will have to make a move on the 40-man roster to add him.

Quote Originally Posted by RickD View Post
    The Milwaukee Brewers and outfielder Mark Kotsay have agreed to a $800,000, one-year contract.

Kotsay's deal includes $450,000 in roster and performance bonuses, and the Brewers will have to make a move on the 40-man roster to add him.
    In this instance, I'd say the Brewers are paying too much for too little. It's obvious Kotsay was signed as a mentor rather than an offensive force. Frankly, I can think of dozens of better uses for the cash. We are a young team, but a young team that doesn't lack in experience.
    ~Corinthians 9:24~

Brewers avoid arbitration with SP Shaun Marcum. Reaching a one-year deal worth $3.95M. Very nice deal. Announced it on Twitter after hearing it from another source.

"I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone to go chase it. " - Rogers Hornsby

The Brewers signed second baseman Rickie Weeks to a four-year, $38.5 million contract with a vesting option that can turn the contract to a franchise-record $50 million. If Weeks makes 600 plates appearances in 2014, or 1,200 plate appearances his final two years, the 2015 year will automatically vest for $11.5 million.

Weeks can earn an additional $1 million if he makes 400 plate appearances in 2014, but his option does not vest.

Milwaukee Brewers Braun content with contract

Quote Originally Posted by MLBTradeRumors.com
    Early on in the 2008 season, the Brewers and Ryan Braun reached agreement on an eight-year, $45MM extension. In the past three years, the 27-year-old has more than lived up to his end of the pact, hitting .303/.363/.535. While some Brewers fans might worry that the outfielder will become unhappy with his contract that seems to favor the club, Braun has put those worries to rest, writes Adam McCalvy of MLB.com.
    Ryan Braun signed that extension in 2008 and it was one hell of a steal by the Brewers. What I really enjoy about this piece is the fact that Ryan Braun has no issue with his contract. I would also assume that he would become unhappy with his contract but that is not the case whatsoever.

"I get it, but it's a non-issue," the three-time All-Star said. "I pay attention to what goes on around the game, obviously, but I'm happy for all of those guys. I agreed to a deal three years ago that goes five [more] years, and I'm excited and honored to be here." - Ryan Braun

It'd be a dream come true to me if all players were like Braun when it comes to money. He is making over $5MM a season and to me for him to say what he has said in the above quote is quite astonishing based on the fact of what players of his caliber and even below his caliber demand. He my friends, is a true baseball player and has genuine love for the game. He will always be one of my favorite players, especially after seeing this. If you think i'm on the bandwagon you are wrong.

Also, if any of you are ever in Milwaukee be sure to eat at his restaurant. Great food, great service and beautiful view from the deck.

"I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone to go chase it. " - Rogers Hornsby

I trust he will singing the same tune even if the Brewers don't contend this year, which would be a real disappointment because I think everyone believes that they will.
    "I think about the cosmic snowball theory. A few million years from now the sun will burn out and lose its gravitational pull. The earth will turn into a giant snowball and be hurled through space. When that happens it won't matter if I get this guy out." Bill Lee

Milwaukee Brewers Brewers Acquire Morgan From Nationals

Brewers Acquire Morgan From Nationals

The Brewers have acquired speedy outfielder Nyjer Morgan in a trade with the Nationals.

Washington will get minor league infielder Cutter Dykstra and cash from Milwaukee.

Morgan stole 34 bases for the Nationals last season despite a .319 on-base percentage.

Dykstra is the son of former major leaguer Lenny Dykstra.

http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz1Hp4G5gjC
    Not a bad pick up for the Brewers. Adds a little speed to their bench. Though I'm not sure Morgan is going to be able to break into that starting lineup with Hart, Gomez and Braun.
    Last edited by MikeDead; 03-27-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information