Thread: Corey Hart Interview

Milwaukee Brewers Corey Hart Interview

Hart chatted with MLB.com for our ongoing series of Brewers "Six-Packs."

1. After you signed the extension, did you splurge on anything special?

Hart: Yeah, I'm big into collecting memorabilia, so I bought a few jerseys online and I let (wife) Kristina go shopping a little bit. We didn't go overboard. I did get her a fun car -- I guess that counts as splurging. But most of our money goes toward the house or the kids' savings.

2. What's your favorite piece of memorabilia?

Hart: I have a couple of things I really like. One is an Indianapolis Colts helmet with a sticker commemorating Tony Dungy's son that was signed by Dungy and the whole team. And then I love Batman -- I have a couple of Joker tattoos -- so my wife picked up something signed by Heath Ledger before he died.

3. Your tattoo collection has grown over the years -- which ones are your favorites?

Hart: The ones I like the best are for the kids and my family. I have a dreamcatcher with the kids' initials, and they were each able to choose their own charm. I got the idea because my oldest was always having bad dreams, and we got her a dreamcatcher, and it helped.

4. What about the tattoo down the middle of your back?

Hart: "Why so serious?" That's from the Batman-Dark Knight movie, and it's just something I liked. It reminds me to not take everything so seriously when they're not going right. I'm going to try to sneak in a few more Batman tattoos when I have a chance.

5. What does that extension mean to you?

Hart:
    Security. That was the big reason behind it. It was really meaningful given where I started last season, but as long as I've been playing, it's been about trying to get security for my family and being able to do things my parents weren't able to do. Once it was signed, it was a huge load off my shoulders. You don't have to press so much.

6. But do you think that could hurt you next season, that you won't have that chip on your shoulder anymore?

Hart: I don't think so. I've always played hard -- I hope the fans see that -- and that's not going to change because of a contract. There are always things to prove in baseball, so I just have to keep doing my job and deal with whatever comes up.
    This interview was posted on MLB.com

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/new...s_mil&c_id=mil
    ~Corinthians 9:24~

It's my hope that the contract settles Hart into a high-level groove.

He's still relatively young (he'll be 29 in March), but his four full years with the Brewers have been more erratic than steady.
    "I think about the cosmic snowball theory. A few million years from now the sun will burn out and lose its gravitational pull. The earth will turn into a giant snowball and be hurled through space. When that happens it won't matter if I get this guy out." Bill Lee

I'll still never forget that rampage he went on in the home run derby last year, that was fun to watch haha.

Anyway, Hart is going to be a fairly big part in that lineup, because after him there is a pretty big drop off in talent with the last three guys in the lineup.
    http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/justindog93/PiratesBannerForrexis.png

Quote Originally Posted by JoshRedcay View Post
    I'll still never forget that rampage he went on in the home run derby last year, that was fun to watch haha.

Anyway, Hart is going to be a fairly big part in that lineup, because after him there is a pretty big drop off in talent with the last three guys in the lineup.
    After him? Hart is projected to be in the #5 spot in the batting order. Meaning that after him he would be followed by Casey McGehee who's an all-star caliber third baseman. After MaGehee we got Jonathan LuCroy who is without a doubt one of the top ten best hitting catchers in all of baseball. Gomez and Betancourt are pretty pathetic excuses for ballplayers, I'll give you that. But if GoGo can figure out a way to raise his on-base percentage his speed could be a valuable asset to the franchise.
    ~Corinthians 9:24~

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baseball View Post
    After him? Hart is projected to be in the #5 spot in the batting order. Meaning that after him he would be followed by Casey McGehee who's an all-star caliber third baseman. After MaGehee we got Jonathan LuCroy who is without a doubt one of the top ten best hitting catchers in all of baseball. Gomez and Betancourt are pretty pathetic excuses for ballplayers, I'll give you that. But if GoGo can figure out a way to raise his on-base percentage his speed could be a valuable asset to the franchise.
    Oh I was thinking McGehee is in the #5 spot and Hart is at #6
    http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/justindog93/PiratesBannerForrexis.png

Very cool interview. Corey Hart is one of my favorite players. Thanks for posting this!

"I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone to go chase it. " - Rogers Hornsby

I had no idea Corey Hart liked Batman so much! What a kid at heart lol. I love reading these interviews so thank you for posting this!

Thread Information