Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Explain your avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by BennyLeo View Post
    Haha, I love it. Hope Crede himself gets a look at it too.
    He is one of the few things that I express a biased view on.

Quote Originally Posted by dabynsky View Post
    Oh there is no doubt that the gold glove is more a measure of reputation and a player's bat then a true reflection of the best defensive player on the field. And I didn't mean to derail this thread, but what fun would this place be without a little friendly debate about who was the best at various things.
    I think in the end we at least agree on a couple things. Crede was great with his glove for his time while Rolen was perhaps the best with his glove of this era, which includes some of the years when Crede was in his prime.
    And out of sheer coincidence, three of the best third basemen defensively of the 21st century - Rolen, Chavez, and Crede - all had injuries take out the best of their careers starting from 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitown Champ View Post
    I think in the end we at least agree on a couple things. Crede was great with his glove for his time while Rolen was perhaps the best with his glove of this era, which includes some of the years when Crede was in his prime.
    And out of sheer coincidence, three of the best third basemen defensively of the 21st century - Rolen, Chavez, and Crede - all had injuries take out the best of their careers starting from 2007.
    I think that is a pretty fair assessment of the situation.

Kerry Wood has been my favorite Cubs since he came up. I was 13 when he was a rookie and struck out 20. I also pitched in my younger days, High School, college, so looked up to him

Well what throws heat from two appendages, catches with two, picks off second based with two (will show this in the future) and hits with two? Then take a photo that mixes them all in one shot and you have an avatar to replace the one I have now. Finally when all is working well you have a nightmare for opposing teams.

BN Staff Member yankeebiscuitfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo O View Post
    <-- Charleston Charlies logo

They were a AAA minor league team in Charleston, WV until 1983.

Affiliations
    Cleveland Indians (1981-1983)
    Texas Rangers (1980)
    Houston Astros (1977-1979)
    Pittsburgh Pirates (1971-1976)

The frachise then moved to Columbus (Clippers), and is now the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees.

Charleston would be without a team until 1987 when the Single-A Charleston Wheelers/Charleston Alley Cats/West Virginia Power came to town.
    I don't want to be mr. Know it all, so correct me if I am wrong.

But minor league teams move from town to town when the parent clubs decide to sign a contract with another owner. So in case of the Columbus Clippers, which used to be the Yankees' AAA farm affiliation, the AAA players moved to SWB. Not the complete club.

In case of the Charleston Charlies. I assume that their owner decided to move to Columbus, not the Yankees or any other team they were affiliated with at that time.

A similar move happened this season, when the Carolina Mudcats (2011 AA affliliation of Cincinnati) moved to Pensocola to become the Blue Wahoos. So the owner moved the club to Florida. The hole in Zubilon (NC) was filled by the former Kinston Indians that moved to Carolina to become the Mudcats, only at single A level.
    Last edited by yankeebiscuitfan; 05-09-2012 at 04:23 AM.

The Yankees' link with the Netherlands since 1981

The Netherlands: 2011 World Champions baseball, beating Cuba twice (4-1 and 2-1)!!!!!

My fave MiLB team logo...The AA Jacksonville Suns. Used to live and work in Jax(for 35 years) and saw many Suns games.-BH
    “Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona....” George F. Will

Quote Originally Posted by BobH View Post
    My fave MiLB team logo...The AA Jacksonville Suns. Used to live and work in Jax(for 35 years) and saw many Suns games.-BH
    They used to be a Dodgers affiliate. But since a year or two, the Suns are affiliated with the Marlins...

The Netherlands: 2011 World Champions baseball, beating Cuba twice (4-1 and 2-1)!!!!!

My avi just represents the greatest franchise in the history of American sports. My sig does a pretty good job of representing them, too.
    Bennie,
    Where on Long Island do the Ducks play? I didn't realize LI had a team. Of course when I lived there, the Long Island Ducks were a Hockey team.

Entering the draft
    Quote Originally Posted by BobH View Post
    I'm pretty good friends with their Manager Andy Barkett, Great guy!!

Quote Originally Posted by boltsbaseball View Post
    I'm pretty good friends with their Manager Andy Barkett, Great guy!!
    That is cool.

Since the Suns are in the same League/division as my favorite MiLB team, I can not root for them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information