Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Who Wants To Be A Baseball Fan?

Quote Originally Posted by BobH View Post
    OK, how about Hank Greenberg in 1938 with 58HRs....and the Tigers finishing 4th in the league.-BH
    I guess I am confusing you completely. By League title I mean Homerun title.

the answer I was looking for was Mantle's 54 in 1961. I'll try an easier one to understand.
    Who were Terry Crowley, Orlando Cepeda, Tommy McCraw, Mike Andrews, John Ellis, Gates Brown, Ed Kirkpatrick, Ollie Brown, Tony Oliva, Ron Blomberg, Billy North, Dave Collins, Rico Carty, Paul Sorrento, and Otto Velez?

Quote Originally Posted by soberdennis View Post
    I guess I am confusing you completely. By League title I mean Homerun title.
    Now that I would've understood and jumped right on Mick in '61...after that it might go all the way back to Greenberg(58) and Foxx(50) in 1938..-BH
    Last edited by BobH; 05-16-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    “Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona....” George F. Will

Quote Originally Posted by BobH View Post
    Now that I would've understood and jumped right on Mick in '61...after that it might go all the way back to Greenberg(58) and Foxx(50) in 1938..-BH
    Sorry about the confusion, It was not intentional. Do you know the answer to my other question?

Quote Originally Posted by soberdennis View Post
    Sorry about the confusion, It was not intentional. Do you know the answer to my other question?
    I do, dennis...and I posted it. I don't know what's happened to it.

That list of people you had was made up of the original designated hitters for their respective teams in 1973. I have no idea where my response went. It was there yesterday...-BH
    “Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona....” George F. Will

That is correct. There were actually a few good players there. Cepeda is in the HOF. I think Oliva would be by now had injuries not hampered his career. Carty won a batting title with the Braves. Brown made a living pinch hitting for the Tigers.

Have we completely forgotten about this thread?

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread Information