Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Festering feud: Jimenez drills Tulowitzki

Colorado Rockies Festering feud: Jimenez drills Tulowitzki

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_y...?gid=320401127

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP)—His left elbow swollen and wrapped, Troy Tulowitzki felt confident that he’d be ready for opening day.

He wasn’t so certain whether former Colorado teammate Ubaldo Jimenez deliberately drilled him, putting the All-Star shortstop’s status in jeopardy.

Jimenez nailed Tulowitzki with the first pitch Sunday, carrying their festering feud onto the field and causing the Cleveland Indians and Rockies to clear the benches.
    As usual, writers could be making a mountain out of a mole hill, as you can tell by the headline. Ubaldo knocked the Rockies and the Rockies Cargo and Tulo knocked back at Ubaldo. Only Ubaldo knows but I sure hope it was just a pitch that got away. Have my fingers crossed that Tulowitzki will be ready, come opening day the 6th in Houston.

Batboy: Get a hit Crash!
    Crash: Shut up!

Backer of Rockies and Yankees.

I'm surprised there were no ejections. It's still preseason, but something like this could've easily gone out of hand later in the game. Luckily these two teams probably won't see each other again this season. At least in the regular season anyways.

Now they want Ubaldo to apologize to Tulo. My gosh! The Rockies want a suspension for Ubaldo and the only guy that knows if he deserves it or not is him.

I think Tracy is gutless for calling Ubaldo gutless, based on assumption that the plunking was intentional.

Im going to guess it was intentional but cant suspend player for it when umps didnt kick him out

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...ndians-jimenez

GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP)—Cleveland Indians pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez was suspended for five games and fined by Major League Baseball on Monday for intentionally throwing at Colorado’s Troy Tulowitzki during a spring training game.

“He walked five guys. Where do you draw the line? Last year, we had guys hit. No suspensions,” Acta said. “I think it is time everybody stops relying on what guys write in the newspaper. It is too bad they get swayed by the press.”
    I'm a Rockies fan but I tend to side a lot more with Acta then Tracy. Tracy belongs in politics, I ain't kidding, he is one silver tongued devil, IMO.

You know, come to think of it, writers created this whole mess.

Ubaldo got 5 games for it. Didnt help that Bud Selig was at game

i don't know if it was intentional or not. it is situations like this however that are the main reason why pitcher's should be batting. If Ubaldo has the balls to throw inside, then he needs to sack up and take to the batter's box himself....it's a lot easier to plunk a guy when you know the worst retaliation you will face are a few unkind words.

as far as the suspension goes, it is an overreaction, but i dont care for how Ubaldo handled his trade and general suckage....shut up and get better because you sucked last year Ubaldo....less talk and more hard work please. that's how we roll here in America.

Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic. ~Bull Durham

~1 John 4:19~

5 games seems a little much and I am shocked Selig had it in him!

Quote Originally Posted by astrosfanatic View Post

as far as the suspension goes, it is an overreaction, but i dont care for how Ubaldo handled his trade and general suckage....shut up and get better because you sucked last year Ubaldo....less talk and more hard work please. that's how we roll here in America.
    Ha ha, love it. He more or less has sucked ever since that hot streak in 2010.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information