Thread: Vin Scully to slow down a bit

BN Staff Member yankeebiscuitfan's Avatar

Vin Scully to slow down a bit

The Dodgers announced that the 84 year old Vin Scully will not call any road games of the Dodgers in Colorado anymore. He will limit his road trips to California based teams and Arizona, still 100+ together with the home games he will doing.

In what will be his 64th season with the Dodgers, Scully wanted to scale down his workload. He didn't call any road games east of the Rockies anymore.

The Yankees' link with the Netherlands since 1981

The Netherlands: 2011 World Champions baseball, beating Cuba twice (4-1 and 2-1)!!!!!

At 84, that is fully within his rights and makes total sense.

Still gonna miss him on those games. Its like getting a baseball class, not just a game listening to that guy. One of the greats.

On the other hand, didn't matter if he was announcing during LAD@COL games. We are forced to listen to the Rockies announcers since I live in Denver. Seriously boring radio and TV announcers. Anyways...
    Bleed Dodger Blue.

http://www.staterize.com/: Daily updated stats for every MLB player and much, much more. (Admin Approved!)

BN Staff Member yankeebiscuitfan's Avatar
    Vin Scully will add another season to his already impressive string.

Scully, 84, has considered calling it a career after each of the past couple seasons, but Shaikin says he’s “healthy” and “energized by the Dodgers’ new ownership group,” which has changed the feel of the franchise in mere weeks. Scully began calling Dodgers games in 1950, before the move from Brooklyn.

The Yankees' link with the Netherlands since 1981

The Netherlands: 2011 World Champions baseball, beating Cuba twice (4-1 and 2-1)!!!!!

I'm glad he will still be around. A legend in his own time.

IMO, best there is. It is great that he will work the next season. Those tid-bits he does about players is right up my alley.

Batboy: Get a hit Crash!
    Crash: Shut up!

Backer of Rockies and Yankees.

I figured out what Vin Scully can do as he slows down.....he can figure out Twitter:

After promoting a Twitter poll during the Dodgers' 4-3 win at San Diego, Scully added, "Can I ask you an honest question, just between you and me? What in the world is a hashtag?"

Scully then randomly goes on to question the fiscal viability of DOGTV, a channel designed for dogs to watch. "How do you sell a sponsor to a pet?" he asks. Scully also wonders whether cats can watch.

Thread Information