Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man-Ram to Baltimore?

Baltimore Orioles Man-Ram to Baltimore?

BALTIMORE -- The Orioles have had "exploratory talks" with free-agent slugger Manny Ramirez's agent, executive vice president of baseball operations Dan Duquette said on Monday.

Duquette -- fresh off a morning trade with the Rockies that netted pitchers Jason Hammel and Matt Lindstrom in exchange for veteran starter Jeremy Guthrie -- confirmed the Orioles' long-rumored interest in Ramirez and said that the team had watched him work out.

"We are still considering the composition of this club, and some of the challenges of integrating a player like Manny into our ballclub and market," said Duquette, who as general manager of the Red Sox signed Ramirez to an eight-year, $160 million contract in December 2000.
    The last two or three years of Manny's career, he posted some very respectable numbers while consistently getting on base at a 40% rate. He hasn't played a full-season since 2008, so this is one of those high risk/high reward type situations. I could see Ramirez being a serviceable starter, but with the 50 game suspension, I don't see why anybody would pay big money for him.
    ~Corinthians 9:24~

fresh off a morning trade with the Rockies that netted pitchers Jason Hammel and Matt Lindstrom in exchange for veteran starter Jeremy Guthrie
    Geez, talk about burying the lead. Where did this come from? I'm not particularly sure if I like this deal at all .. yet.

Los Angeles Dodgers

Well he's a liar and a jackass and a cheat, and a PEDs addict who should be banned for life and he had to quit the game in disgrace after multiple failed drugs tests before he got thrown out of the sport again, he humiliated us Dodgers fans and made us look even worse than Giants fans did when they had Bonds around, Ramirez is just a loser and a low life arrogant punk, good riddance, if some club wants to give him a job then they're obviously pretty desperate, which I guess Baltimore are.
    Last edited by TerryInLA; 02-07-2012 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baseball View Post
    haha, not exactly what I meant, but thanks. I got what I asked for I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo O View Post
    haha, not exactly what I meant, but thanks. I got what I asked for I suppose.
    Haha, I guess I misinterpreted your post.

Oh well, use that as a reference to others.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryInLA View Post
    Well he's a liar and a jackass and a cheat, and a PEDs addict who should be banned for life and he had to quit the game in disgrace after multiple failed drugs tests before he got thrown out of the sport again, he humiliated us Dodgers fans and made us look even worse than Giants fans did when they had Bonds around, Ramirez is just a loser and a low life arrogant punk, good riddance, if some club wants to give him a job then they're obviously pretty desperate, which I guess Baltimore are.
    What do you really think?

Quote Originally Posted by RickD View Post
    What do you really think?

LOL. Yeah a lot of Dodgers fans that I know feel that way about Ramirez after the 50 game ban he got whilst wearing the Dodger uniform, in fact we don't seem to have much luck with steroids and PED's, like when my boy Kemp got screwed over in the NL MVP award by another cheat who later tested positive. (Ryan Braun)

Dodger fans seemed pretty happy to me when he led them to the playoffs. Wasn't there MannyLand or something like that. Plus McCourt made around 20 mil off of Manny that year. Whoever signs Manny will probably make 10mil alone off of him and for sure, one of the owners is going to do it.

Batboy: Get a hit Crash!
    Crash: Shut up!

Backer of Rockies and Yankees.

Los Angeles Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sweater View Post
    Dodger fans seemed pretty happy to me when he led them to the playoffs. Wasn't there MannyLand or something like that
    It was called Mannywood. Though make that some Dodgers fans, definately not all Dodgers fans. We actually did very nicely without him, he didn't really lead us to anything as he was missing for a third of the year, when he came back he played about 100 games and hit 19 homes runs @ .290 - so nothing all that special. For that first 50 games of '09 when he was banned from playing, we were already 35-15 without him in the team, so it's not like we were greatly missing him. He was a lot of fun until he got caught doping, then the 50,000 Dodgers fans all holding up big signs with * on them whenever Bonds came to LA for the previous few seasons, suddenly we all felt like hypocrites and idiots.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information