Thread: First since 1982

Milwaukee Brewers First since 1982

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-brewersclinch

The Brewers have clinched the NL Central division title! It is their first since 1982, and their first since switching from fake baseball to real baseball. Now they find themselves in a race to see who faces the Braves instead of the Phillies in the NLDS with the D-Backs. They currently hold a 1 game lead, and have remaining games with Florida and Pittsburgh.

Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic. ~Bull Durham

~1 John 4:19~

I am a bit surprised to see the Brewers in this position but I think it will be interesting to see how the team comes together in the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by RickD View Post
    I am a bit surprised to see the Brewers in this position but I think it will be interesting to see how the team comes together in the playoffs!
    The only people surprised by this are those that don't follow the Brewers. Why? Because unlike New York, Boston, and Chicago, Milwaukee doesn't have the national spotlight shining on them all season long. Win or lose, the Yankees will always be the most nationally recognized franchise in baseball. Brewers fans knew what this team was capable of before the season even began.
    ~Corinthians 9:24~

I'm honestly not surprised by our success this year. We added salary in order to field a legit pitching staff. Anytime you have four starting pitchers that could all be a #1 somewhere else you're destined to have a good season. Add that to an offensive lineup that has two MVP candidates in Bruan and Fielder and you'd be crazy to say the Brewers success came out of nowhere.

You know the one thing the Brewers really lack is a good lefty out of the pen....That is a big deal when you might be facing guys like Jaosn Heyward, Michael Bourn, and Freddie Freeman. Or especially if you match up against the Phillies with Ryan Howard and Chase Utley. Maybe they decide to go with a 3-man rotation and use Wolf out of the pen....

Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic. ~Bull Durham

~1 John 4:19~

Thread Information