Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11 Year Old Murders Brother

11 Year Old Murders Brother

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...58-504083.html

I just read this and It shocked me. 11 year old boy "murdering" his six year old brother is sweeping the nation right now. I am not so sure of ALL the details but it doesn't look so good. What are some thoughts coming to your head? My thoughts are that this child obviously knew what would happen if he used a gun, but the most important thing here is that he is still a child. A child being the lowest mental point in human development, is still dependent on an adult of our species, a PARENT. Grown men walk away from murder and rape everyday so I better not hear of any life sentences being thrown around! It's an abomination. The mental capacity fully grows until the age of 26. Therefore it would not be appropriate to act as if he were a adult.

I'm not sure about this at all, the article was very vague as to the circumstances surrounding the case so I will reserve judgement as to what should happen to the boy. All I'm sure about is that the mother and boyfriend should be facing neglect charges, no reason an 11 and 6 year old should be home alone with a gun within reach, that is just asking for trouble.

I agree totally. It looks fishy but the event just came out. Therefore most likely in the next several days, we should hear more.

Why is there even a gun with children living in the house to begin with? If they have it for safety issues then it needs to be locked away...

Banned
    In the state of Maryland having an 11 year old alone with a 6 year old is against the Law. A child of age 12 can stay home by themselves, but to have a 6 year old home alone there must be someone 13 years of age or above with them. Having exposure to a gun in a whole other story.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobean View Post
    In the state of Maryland having an 11 year old alone with a 6 year old is against the Law. A child of age 12 can stay home by themselves, but to have a 6 year old home alone there must be someone 13 years of age or above with them. Having exposure to a gun in a whole other story.
    There is no reason to leave an 11 year old home with a 6 year old. I wonder if Indiana has the same law. My 12 year old sister has never been left alone with my 9 year old brother and they are quite mature for their age.. it's just common sense not to leave your kids home alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardbrewgirl View Post
    There is no reason to leave an 11 year old home with a 6 year old. I wonder if Indiana has the same law. My 12 year old sister has never been left alone with my 9 year old brother and they are quite mature for their age.. it's just common sense not to leave your kids home alone.
    Unfortunately a lot of parents don't have common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobean View Post
    Unfortunately a lot of parents don't have common sense.
    Sadly thats the problem today...

the parents should be charged with manslaughter. i dont know the details behind what the kid (none of us do i guess). but i am sure the people who do will make the right decisions in how to deal with him.

Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic. ~Bull Durham

~1 John 4:19~

I agree with Manslaughter or Accessory to Murder for the Gun. Truly a horrible incident!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information