Vertigo O
04-07-2012, 01:30 AM
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff436/BasesLoaded93/bundy.png

Dylan Matthew Bundy, RHP, Baltimore Orioles
DOB: 11/15/92
Height/Weight: 6-1/200
Bats/Throws: S/R
Drafted/Signed: First round (1.4), 2011, Owasso, OK

Baseball America's Jim Callis raved about Dylan Bundy.
"Some scouting directors think he's the best pitcher in the draft, even better than all these college guys - and it's an exceptionally deep college draft," Callis said.
"We have him No. 2 on our prospect list, ahead of all the college pitchers and you could argue he's No. 1. If you are worried about a high school pitcher as a top pick, I would tell people this guy is so exceptional it's almost like he's a college pitcher. He's not just some guy that is raw and throws hard and you wonder about his other pitches. Dylan Bundy can do it all; his resume is ridiculous."

2012 Prospect lists

Prospect Instinct

#1 Dylan Bundy RHP Owasso HS (OK) - This is a draft deep in pitching at the top end and there are pitchers more advanced than Bundy, but none have the ultimate upside that this kid can have. He’s a baseball rat who’s work ethic is already off the charts and he has a plus plus fastball, plus curveball and the frame to be a work horse for a long time. It’ll take a hefty bonus but he’s going to sign because the team that gets him can’t afford not to sign him.

Minor League Ball

2) Dylan Bundy, RHP, Grade A-: Number One starter potential, but I'd like to see how his talent translates into pro ball before going with a higher grade. As high school pitchers go, I am very confident in him, but until we see him pitch in pro ball I'll go with position-player Machado.

Diamond Prospects

2. Dylan Bundy, RHP - 11-0, 0.20 ERA, 71 IP, 20 H, 5 BB, 158 K (HS) - The Gatorade National Player of the Year, Bundy was easily the best high school pitcher in the draft and has all the makings of an ace. A physical specimen, he runs his fastball into the high 90's, touching 100 MPH, and features a cutter, curveball, and change-up that all profile to be potential plus pitches.

Scouting Book

2. Dylan Bundy RHP (#17 overall) - The younger of Baltimore's Bouncing Baby Bundies, the growly-looking Dylan is a righthander with ace upside, but he remains untested against pro hitters, and under professional pressure. His ungodly 0.25 ERA and 158 strikeouts in 71 innings as a high school senior earned him honors as the Gatorade National Baseball Player of the Year, BA's High School Player of the Year Award and USA Today's National Player of the Year. That said, he's still what we in the business like to call a high school pitching prospect, which is a term of art meant to indicate that this category of gamble is among the riskiest bets in baseball.

Baseball Intellect - Worth a link (http://www.baseball-intellect.com/baltimore-orioles-top-prospects-2012/)

Dylan Bundy is a pitcher with few weaknesses. He has elite level stuff and his command is terrific for somebody his age. He has the pitchability of someone wise beyond his years. His work ethic is second to none and he has a nasty streak to his game. He doesn’t back down from hitters and will brush them off the plate if need be.

Given how advanced he is as a pitcher, expect Bundy to move through the Oriole organization like a college pitcher would. He’s ready for the challenge both physically and mentally.

Best Case Outcome – One of the best starters in all of baseball.

More Likely Outcome – Borderline No. 1 starter.

BI had a fantastic write up on Bundy that was certainly worth linking. Check it out, there's much more than what I included here.

Vertigo O
04-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Orioles' Bundy unhittable in pro debut
Former No. 1 pick strikes out six over three perfect innings

Fresh out of high school, Dylan Bundy looked more like a rehabbing Major Leaguer facing youngsters on Friday.

Bundy, the Orioles' top pitching prospect, struck out six over three perfect innings in his professional debut as the Class A Delmarva Shorebirds beat the Asheville Tourists, 7-2, at McCormick Field.

"I felt great, went out there and competed," said Bundy. "Threw my fastball mainly. For the first two innings, it was all I threw, but it felt good to be on the mound, see hitters in a live game for the first time since high school."

An impressive start for the O's (I'll say) co-No. 1 prospect.

I don't say this often, but I have a really, really good feeling about this kid.

Vertigo O
04-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Bundy dominant again in second start
Orioles' first-rounder strikes out six over three for Shorebirds

Dylan Bundy's numbers in two starts speak for themselves -- 12 strikeouts. No hits in six innings. No walks allowed either.
And 99. As in the number he reached on the radar gun Wednesday night.

Bundy posted the same line Wednesday as he did in his professional debut, striking out six over three perfect innings before handing the game to the bullpen, but Class A Delmarva fell to Kannapolis, 2-1.

For Bundy, the Orioles' first-round pick last summer, the bar couldn't have been set much higher from his pro debut five days ago.

"Tonight was the exact same thing," Bundy said. "Going into each start, they want me to work on my changeup. I'm going out there throwing changeups and curveballs when I don't even need to."

Translation: Hitters can't even touch Bundy's fastball, never mind get wood on a curve.

OK, I'm impressed.

Edit: MiLB.com article (http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120411&content_id=28445410&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb)

Vertigo O
04-13-2012, 12:26 AM
Dylan Bundy's 2012 stats
Team | League | W | L | ERA | G | GS | CG | SHO | SV | IP | H | R | ER | HR | BB | SO | GO/AO | AVG
DEL | SAL | 0 | 0 | 0.00 | 2 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 6.0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 12 | 2.00 | .000

http://followingthefuture.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/y35clbxx1.jpg?w=329&h=185

Vertigo O
04-14-2012, 11:12 PM
BA puts Bundy in their number 1 spot on the prospect hot sheet.

Bundy's already making the case that he's too good for low Class A. Scouts heading into last year's draft described him as a college pitcher on a high school team. Scouts who saw him in spring training this year said he was as sure a bet to succeed as any young pitcher you will see. With a fastball that has touched 100 mph, a plus curveball and an already developed changeup, Bundy pitches beyond his 19 years. Expect to see him on the Hot Sheet again (and again).

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/prospect-hot-sheet/2012/2613259.html

Vertigo O
04-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Bundy continued his 2012 hitless streak Tuesday night with 3 more IP, no hits allowed and 3 Ks.

He did allow his first walk of the season however. Perhaps he needed practice pitching with runners on base or on his pick-off move.

Dylan Bundy's 2012 stats
Team | League | W | L | ERA | G | GS | CG | SHO | SV | IP | H | R | ER | HR | BB | SO | GO/AO | AVG
DEL | SAL | 0 | 0 | 0.00 | 3 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 9.0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 15 | 3.00 | .000

Vertigo O
04-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Prospect Dylan Bundy, at Class A Delmarva, tells MASN that the Orioles want him to develop a change and throw 120 inn in 2012.

Only 111 more hitless innings to go I guess ...

Vertigo O
04-22-2012, 01:48 AM
Scout compares Bundy to "the good" Ben Sheets

Pitching has been the story when it comes to prospects in 2011, and no pitcher has generated more hype than Baltimore's Dylan Bundy, who has struck out 15 over nine no-hit innings at Low-A Delmarva while walking just one. Obviously that's impressive, but it's hard to get a good feel for a pitcher who has yet to go through a batting order for the second time. Still, an American League scout who witnessed one of Bundy's outings says the stuff is plenty good. “He's 93-98 mph with the fastball, and he broke out a few curveballs that were very good and a few changeups that were very good,” the scout explained. “So we're talking about a 19-year-old with a 7 fastball, 6 curve and 6 changeup, so you certainly can't complain about the stuff.” While a bit short for a classic power pitcher, Bundy's linebacker build serves him well, and drew a comparison to Ben Sheets from the scout, who was sure to add, “the good Ben Sheets.” That might sound disappointing, but the good Ben Sheets racked up 264 strikeouts against just 32 walks over 237 innings as a 25-year-old.

Baseball Prospectus article (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=16522)

Vertigo O
04-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Another nice outing for Bundy tonight ...

4 more IP no hits no walks ... same ol' same ol'

Now stands at 13 IP 0 Hits 1 BB 21 Ks.

@MarkViviano: In rare betw-innings interview, Hammel says his 3K inning was a tribute to Dylan Bundy. Hammel hopes he can be as good as Bundy some day.

That made me laugh.

Hopefully I can find a good story after the game finishes up completely.

Vertigo O
04-25-2012, 11:16 PM
The amazing start to Orioles righthanded pitching prospect Dylan Bundy's pro career is getting more amazing by the outing. After yet another hitless outing Tuesday, Bundy has now faced 40 batters, allowed no hits and one walk. For good measure he has 21 strikeouts.

Pitching for the beautifully named Delmarva Shorebirds of Salisbury, Md. in the South Atlantic League, Bundy, only 19, appears to be everything Orioles people suspected this spring. Manager Buck Showalter loved so much what he saw he gave him a shot agsint the heart of the Boston Red Sox order, and Bundy retired Jacoby Ellsbury and Adrian Gonzalez. Bundy did allow a four-pitch walk to Dustin Pedroia, however, in the scoreless inning.

The hitters in the Sally League haven't fared nearly as well against the No. 4 overall selection from last June's amateur draft, as 39 of 40 have made outs against Bundy, who impressed Orioles people almost as much with his moxie as his stuff this spring. He suggested he felt he could pitch in the big leagues. Regarding his readiness, Orioles GM Dan Duquette said by phone, "He might be (ready) right now.''

Duquette though, wouldn't speculate on Bundy's actual ETA, saying, "Whenever the team decides to put Dylan in the big leagues he'll be successful. The guy has good stuff and he wants to be a top-notch pitcher.''

For now the Orioles will stick to their plan, which means one more four-inning outing followed by three five-inning outings. "Then,'' Duquette said, "Rick Peterson (the pitching coordinator) takes the training wheels off.''

Bundy and his Oklahoma high school buddy Archie Bradley, who went No. 6 overall to the Diamondbacks, are said by scouts to have similarly great stuff, but one difference noted by a couple scouts was that Bradley seemed to be the kinder, gentler one while Bundy was seen as the feisty guy. "He's a hard-nosed competoitor,'' is the way Duquette put it.

The hitters of the Sally League are seeing that, as he's flashing his fastball, clocked between 94 and 98 mph and very good curevball and changeup. He has simply dominated them like he belongs at a level far higher. But as Duquette pointed out, "He did have one walk.''

Link (http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jon-heyman/18830258/the-amazing-dylan-bundys-line-so-far-40-batters-faced-no-hits-one-walk)

Looks like Bundy has 4 more starts scheduled with Delmarva before a promotion.

Also apparently the game was last night and I completely missed it. :doh:

Anyway, his line for the night was 4 IP | 0 hits | 0 walks | 6 Ks

Dylan Bundy's 2012 stats
DEL | SAL | 0 | 0 | 0.00 | 4 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 13.0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 21 | 1.25 | .000

Vertigo O
05-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Dylan Bundy is in fact human as he does indeed finally give up a hit.

Dylan Bundy, the club’s top pick in 2011, continued his excellence on the mound as a pro.
On Monday against the Asheville Tourists, Bundy allowed a single to the leadoff batter, Delta Cleary Jr., the first hit Bundy has given up in 13 innings as a pro. He didn’t give up another during the rest of his outing.

Bundy allowed another baserunner on a walk in the fourth. Both runners were doubled up, meaning Bundy faced the minimum 12 batters in his four-inning start. The 19-year-old right-hander struck out four batters on Monday.

His line as a pro in four purposely abbreviated starts: 17 IP, 1H, 0ER, 2BBs, 25Ks. He has retired 49 of 52 batters he has faced.

Bundy likely will get at least one more four-inning start before he progresses to five innings.

Dylan Bundy's 2012 stats
DEL | SAL | 0 | 0 | 0.00 | 5 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 17.0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 25 | 1.40 | .020

Vertigo O
05-02-2012, 12:31 PM
An excellent article by ESPN's Jerry Crasnick with video interview. Check it out ...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7878379/dylan-bundy-baltimore-orioles-19-year-old-prospect-quickly-building-resume

True, it's a small sample size. But Orioles fans can take heart in knowing they might soon have an "appointment baseball'' pitcher in their midst to rival Stephen Strasburg of the Washington Nationals.

"The mechanics are a lot different, but it's like a [Dwight] Gooden,'' Eischen says. "It's like he's playing frickin' catch, and the ball is coming out of his hand at 100. He's a special kid. That's what you expect a No. 1 pick to look like.''

It didn't take the Orioles long to see the kid was serious. On the first day of spring training, veteran reliever Kevin Gregg sat Bundy down and told him, "I get to the park at 6:45 a.m. every day -- and you will beat me here every day.'' Gregg never had to convey the message again.

Vertigo O
05-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Well, Bundy finally gave up a run in his last start against the Charleston RiverDogs (Single-A Yankees), though it was unearned. He pitched 3 innings, struck out 8 and walked none.

Bundy was his usual overpowering self, striking out eight batters through three innings in his sixth appearance for the Class-A Delmarva Shorebirds. He has now pitched 20 innings, given up just an unearned run on two hits and struck out 33 batters.

Bundy Named Orioles Minor League Pitcher of Month

The accolades begin ...

The Baltimore Orioles Player Development Department announced on Monday that Delmarva Shorebirds right-handed pitcher Dylan Bundy has been named the Orioles Minor League Pitcher of the Month for April. The 19-year-old tossed 17 scoreless innings during the month of April.

Bundy's next start is scheduled for Monday, May 14 against the Lakewood BlueClaws (Single-A Phillies)

Dylan Bundy's 2012 stats
DEL | SAL | 0 | 0 | 0.00 | 6 | 6 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 20.0 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 33 | 1.45 | .032

Vertigo O
05-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Bundy was allowed to go 5 innings for the first time on Monday night. Continues to impress ...

The Orioles challenged 19-year-old Dylan Bundy on Monday by allowing him to pitch five innings for the first time in his young pro career.

Let’s just say he responded.

Facing the Philadelphia Phillies’ affiliate Lakewood BlueClaws in Salisbury, Bundy allowed two hits and one unearned run in five innings Monday. He struck out three and hit a batter. The lone run scored on a passed ball.

The Orioles’ 2011 first rounder (fourth overall) has started seven games for the Shorebirds. He has thrown 25 innings, giving up two runs – both unearned – on four hits and two walks. He has struck out 36 batters.

On Monday he faced 18 batters – three over the minimum.

Dylan Bundy's 2012 stats
DEL | SAL | 0 | 0 | 0.00 | 7 | 7 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 25.0 | 4 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 36 | 1.44 | .051

Vertigo O
05-24-2012, 01:20 AM
Dylan Bundy promoted to Class A-Advanced Frederick Keys

http://www.milb.com/images/2012/05/23/brgG3eFw.jpg

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff436/BasesLoaded93/keys.png

"What's important are the skills he develops to become a Major League pitcher," executive vice president of baseball operations Dan Duquette said of Bundy, who will stay in the range of 125-130 innings in his first pro season.

Bundy boasts a fastball that has been clocked as high as 99 mph, but he was struggling to work on his changeup against hitters who couldn't catch up to his heat. In five shutout innings against Hagerstown on Sunday, Bundy threw only one changeup and two curveballs in 58 pitches.

Orioles 2011 first round draft choice and top-rated prospect Dylan Bundy has been promoted to the Frederick Keys from Class-A Delmarva. The right-handed pitcher will make his Keys debut on Saturday, May 26th at 6 p.m. as the Keys take on the Salem Red Sox.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120523&content_id=32076676&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120523&content_id=32076676&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb)

Another interesting article to check out that I happened to run across ...

Orioles Embrace Biomechanics to Develop Bundy, Organization (http://fcpbaseballreport.com/blog/2012/05/22/orioles-embrace-biomechanics-develop-bundy-organization/)

“Every pitcher who was in our big league camp had a biomechanical analysis,” said Peterson. The analysis involves hooking a pitcher up to a computer and recording his delivery. A pitcher’s delivery is then entered into an extensive database that includes the deliveries of pitchers such as C.C. Sabathia, Cliff Lee, Al Leiter, Barry Zito, Tim Hudson, and Roger Clemens. The analysis is based on over 40 different measurements, something that cannot be done with the naked eye, even by the best coaches in the industry. The analysis will include measurements in the key areas of the delivery such as stride length, the angle of the front foot when it makes contact with the ground, and the bend of the knee at foot contact. It also precisely measures the arm position at foot contact, one of the most critical measurements. If a pitcher is late with getting his arm in the proper position, he is more likely to be predisposed to an injury. With that data, a team can adjust a pitcher’s delivery and/or provide a more individualized conditioning program rather than keep pitchers on a one size fits all pitch count and conditioning program. Because these adjustments are made based on scientific data, injuries can be reduced.

Dylan Bundy's 2012 stats
DEL | SAL | 1 | 0 | 0.00 | 8 | 8 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 30.0 | 5 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 40 | 1.27 | .053
FRE | CAR | 0 | 0 | 0.00 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0.0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0.00 | .000
MiLB | TOT | 1 | 0 | 0.00 | 8 | 8 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 30.0 | 5 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 40 | 1.27 | .053

RickD
01-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Bundy was promoted to the Baltimore Orioles on September 19, 2012.

He is second on the MLB Prospect watch:

Bundy was ranked the top pitching prospect and was second overall behind Rangers shortstop Jurickson Profar when the list was unveiled live on MLB Network. Bundy made his big league debut last year but was only used a handful of times in relief. While he will be in Major League camp, he is expected to get some more seasoning and at least start the year in the Minor Leagues.

The fourth overall pick in the 2011 First-Year Player Draft, Bundy pitched to a 9-3 record and a 2.08 ERA in 23 Minor League starts in his first full professional season last year. He pitched for three affiliates, compiling 119 strikeouts in 103 2/3 innings and went 2-0 with a 3.24 ERA in three starts for Double-A Bowie before being promoted to the O's.